Why Professional Development?
The Aspiring Educators / WEAC Region 9 is devoted to professional development. By providing resources and opportunities for professional development, Aspiring Educators hopes to encourage the new generation of teachers to continue to learn how to be the best educators that they can be. In a state where educators are often not seen as professionals, evident by previously proposed legislation that lowers teacher certification standards, it is therefore important that educators take charge of their professional development. Through Aspiring Educators, aspiring educators can access resources to ensure that every child in our schools has the chance to succeed.
Statewide Professional Issues Conference
Next year’s conference will be held in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
The sessions offered target a range of issues facing educators today, and also aim to help future educators apply and prepare for their first jobs.
—November 1st-3rd, 2019—
Past Professional Development Events
- Professional Issues Conference, Oct. 26-28, 2018
- Innovate and Educate, Feb. 13, 2016
- Summer Leadership Academy, Aug. 2-5, 2015
- Stevens Point Drive-In, April 11, 2015
- Milwaukee Drive-In, March 28, 2015
- Professional Issues Conference, Jan. 23-25, 2015